RED DOG... An Athletic Tradition for Over 50 Years!
Athletic Track Specifications
- Curbs shall be 4" x 4' Interlocking Precast Red Dog Curbs.
- A typical track will require approximately 3,000 linear feet of Red Dog Curbing.
B. Base Course
- Local road base material (crushed rock, caliche, etc.). Caution: Base must have sufficient fines to facilitate compaction.
C. Top Course
- Red Dog Tracks Topping as manufactured by Red Dog Track, Inc. Strawn, Texas.
- Red Dog Tracks Topping weighs approximately 2,400 pounds per cubic yard before compacting. After compaction, one ton will cover approximately 225 square feet, one inch deep.
A. Subgrades and Elevations
- Specifications concerning preparation of subgrades, the layout, area drainage, and elevations shall be furnished by the owner - architect or engineer. The track should always be built above surrounding grade level to allow for proper drainage.
- Specification concerning finish grades on the track: Should allow no water to stand on the finished track.
B. Base Course
- Placement of the base materials shall be done only after the subgrade is finished.
- When using Interlocking Precast Curbs, base should be 1 foot wider on each side of the finished track.
- Spread base material to a thickness which will allow 10 percent compaction. Use of light blade equipment will be allowed.
- Compact base course.
- Curbs shall be set in accordance with the design drawings. True to line and dimensions.
- Curbs shall be installed in desired location. The top of the curbs shall be run to propper grade line. After all curbs have been placed, a partial backfill on the outsides of the curbs shall be applied by hand to prevent misalignment of curbs.
D. Top Course
- Red Dog Tracks Topping shall be delivered onto the base course with light equipment, protecting curbs and base course. Light blade equipment shall be used to distribute topping.